Now and New

First of all i would like to acknowledge the people who have gotten me this far towards my student exchange to Brazil.
My support team:Doug Mclean , Eruera Mita, karen Gow, Tania Raynes, Katherine Williams, Keita Wharewera,
John Peri, Rob Hirawini, Karen Rua,Rosey Kara, Sid Melbourne,
to any others that have shown support i give acknowledgment

Friday, August 20, 2010

new famliy and new beginnings

The past week has been full on since I wrote last time,The rugby hadnt been too good with the players having too much recuperation time and not keeping the routine due to the wheather not being the best treatment for the trainning field .Last weeks game wasnt to great as we played a 7's rugby game against Sao Paulo Athletic Club.We played and lost against them 1-3 trys to them. We had only trained one time since the tournament a couple of weeks ago,I was a little sick too with a mild flu. I had met my new family over dinner earlier in that week and we had dinner together to meet and introduce ourselves to each other. I nice bunch of brazillians with big hearts whom I call family.I have a new cool little sister, Rafaela, and a brother Dudo whos a little older than his sister at 10yrs old.I also have another brother Vinicius, at the same age as me, more or less that went to Germany for a international student exchange like me,I only got to meet him once but he's a rocker of a dude, non the less. The saturday game that followed my introduction with my parents had them come to my game to and watch me play which was enthusiating to see but still made a rugby loss for our U19's team but our A team came out on top overall with a close win overall which keeps our rubgy club in high recognition over Brazil.This saturday coming I have managed to find some fresh new recruits to play and train with us in Lagoa de Conceicao,they are the good friends I have been building bridges with from school in class and the rest of the year group.School has been good too, im beginning to build bridges with all sorts of people in the school like with new exchange students that have recently arrived at school.The new house im living in is a little further away from school then the last house I was living in, but still in the Center of Florianopolis. This place is not as big as the last house but is still nice to live in and the other little perks that come with living in this apartment block is awesome with a basketball court,games room like foosball and snooker type games and there is also a pool and to top things off theres monkeys that dwell around the surrounding forestation which are funny to look at and observe. I also got to meet the parents of my host mother and some of the family of my father too,his mother and brother and the son of his brother also who is a little young adventurous kid.
Living in a new house in a different does change my schedule a little bit but im still doing the same things more or less.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tihei time to send an update hows it going. You sound a bit homesick. It wont be long now hope you doing ok.

    ReplyDelete