Now and New

First of all i would like to acknowledge the people who have gotten me this far towards my student exchange to Brazil.
My support team:Doug Mclean , Eruera Mita, karen Gow, Tania Raynes, Katherine Williams, Keita Wharewera,
John Peri, Rob Hirawini, Karen Rua,Rosey Kara, Sid Melbourne,
to any others that have shown support i give acknowledgment

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My first weeks in the life of school in Brazil has been so cool. My first day at school I was a little nervous, I went to school with my host mother on my first day so I did'nt get lost.Once I was sorted my host mother left and some other exchange students and I were directed to our classrooms. I got put in a grade the same I was when in N.Z but that did'nt mind me and I was also the only exchange student in my class not like some others who got put together.My first day in class I got to familiarise the faces of all the people in my class,its 3 classes in a row before break and the teachers come to the students classroom. On my first break I was approached by a local classmate who was new to the school also and he spoke a little english which was a bonus, we got to know one another and he began asking me about rugby, since I was from new zealand so I told him I was a rugby player and so he invited me to play with a local team which a accepted without delay. It was good that we were both new to the place so that now I had someone to hangout with and not have to find the other exchangees during our break that lasts for about 15 minutes then another 2 more before school ends for lunch at noon but there is usually 1 other class

later in the day close to 4pm. My new friend Andre told me we have rugby trainning on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays and that they had just finished sevens rugby and were just about to begin 15's ruby which I was more than keen to show at trainning what us kiwi's can do on the rugby field.School finishes and im getting picked up from school and get taken back to my Host mothers parents house where we are staying for that moment because our new apartment that we were going to move in to was being renovated and wouldnt be be done till the end of the week.all I done for the rest of the day was relax and soaked up my first day at school doing bits and pieces around the place, eager for the next day I saw my day fly pass and before I knew it I was begining my day at school which flew bye as I had'nt played with a rubgy ball it a long time and now that I was going to my first trainning I made sure to find that mental focus for the trainning that began at 6.30pm and finished at 9pm.On the same day I was about to beigin rugby in Brazil I began gym trainning.Training with Brazillians was not too different from N.Z but it was rainning before trainning and the rubgy field was boggey so we trainned on the sand and the biggest obstacle I am still facing is the portuguese at trainning, around school and at home becuse its the most important to me but im learning quick i get told, I can speak a little and understand a little when I go from day to day but what counts the most is when im at trainning but they do things that ain't new and its cool becaese even though i might not completely understand I can still do by example without fail and some new guys to rugby are understanding whats beeing said completely but still lack that mental focus for the game.the week goes by fast once I found that rythm of

school,gym,rugby and making time for friends and family but things are never the same its always something thats new or exciting.just the other weekend I went with my parents and their friend from Spain whos come to visit to a place inland where we went rafting which was so much fun because i have never been rafting down the rapids before and it was rainning which made the waters furiously exciting. The geography of this place was so beautiful especially with the rain slowly falling down making things wonderous making me think of the history of things that could have taken place in such a spectacular enviroment. This day was one of my best days since I have been here I got up early in the saturday morning and went to rubgy practise, had a good sweat up before enjoying myself with a rapid rafting adventure.The fun never stops, thank you god

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading about all your experiences Tihei. The river rafting pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete